Job Opening – Office Administrator
EAT is an international non-profit organization founded by Stordalen Foundation, Stockholm Resilience Centre and Wellcome Trust, and works towards catalyzing a global food system transformation. Our vision is a fair and sustainable global food system for healthy people and planet – leaving no one behind. The organization connects and partners across science, policy, business and civil society to transform the global food system through sound science, impatient disruption and novel partnerships. Please visit EAT’s website for more information about our organization and the work we do.
Date posted: August 24, 2022
Work location: Oslo, Norway
Job function: Administration, coordination
Job type: 0.8 FTE, 4 days/week. 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Start date: ASAP
EAT is looking for an experienced individual to support the day-to-day operations and administrative needs of the organization. Working closely with the projects’ team members, the Office Administrator will coordinate, organize and perform administrative tasks to ensure the efficient execution of all projects at EAT. The successful candidate will also play an important role in several projects, including in the Food Systems Economic Commission’s Project Management Office team at EAT, providing administrative support to the Secretariat and Commissioners. The ideal candidate is proactive at identifying and resolving office-related issues as they arise, and possesses a professional, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
The Office Administrator will report to the Director of Global Action and Project Portfolio and work closely with the project team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Organize and book all travels and accommodations for project team members and EAT invited guests
- Support tracking of project travels and affiliated costs
- Coordinate and prepare materials for virtual and in-person meetings, including but not limited to, developing agendas, travel and logistics briefings, etc.
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks including preparing and distributing documents, organizing and booking meetings and events, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Support the coordination and management of events, including organizing catering, venues, and other logistics
- Perform other relevant duties when needed
- 2+ years of experience working as an Office Administrator, Office Manager or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills (working language). Norwegian or other Scandinavian language is an advantage
- Advanced digital tools skills (Office 365, Zoom etc.)
- Experience in administrative work with a project-based organization is a significant advantage
- Excellent time management, organizational and coordination skills
- Structured individual with strong analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Thrives on multitasking and has the ability to shift focus and prioritize tasks independently
- Comfortable and capable working alone as well as in teams
- Enjoys high pace, manages stress well and thrives in an agile working environment
- Passion for EAT’s mission
In addition to being part of a global platform for fair and sustainable food systems EAT offers a fair salary and competitive benefits package including pension, workers compensation/occupational injury and travel insurance.
Please submit a one-page cover letter and CV to email@example.com with “Office Administrator” in the subject line.
All applications and inquiries regarding the position should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in English.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in Norway.
When you submit your application, EAT will collect and process your personal data for recruiting-related purposes only.
Date: Monday, September 5th, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if a suitable candidate is identified.